My wife and I came to parenthood through adoption. Just over 5 years ago we adopted two boys from Russia. They were 12 and 14 when we adopted them. Now 19 and 17 and getting ready to move out into the world, so they think.
Through our involvement with Nerium International we have taken our boys to the Success for Teens sessions held at the conferences. The Success for Teens book is a great book based on Jeff Olson’s the Slight Edge. The Success Foundation is an awesome organization making the Success for Teens book available for free to any organization working with teenagers.
Fostering a mindset of Creating Abundance in your children is one of the greatest gifts you can give them, Doing so helps them realize the world is full of opportunity for those willing to work towards their goals.
Don’t give rewards for promised future behavior. Reward when the goal is accomplished. Acknowledge the accomplishment and celebrated it.
Be open about your financial state. Work as a family toward saving for a big item like a dream vacation. Adopt a family mission statement.
3. Everything is a teaching tool
Use economic and financial news as well as the success stories of business owners as conversation starters or as talking points around particular issues. Inspire your children by highlighting positive entrepreneurial stories.
4. Foster support
You’re not necessary the dominant advisor to your children. Kids need some support, mentorship and encouragement from coaches, teachers and other influential people. Find out who your child’s favorites are and encourage their support of your child’s endeavors.
5. Encourage networking and innovation
Connect your children to people who have passion for what they do that’s of interest to your child. Encourage them to set high goals for themselves even if they don’t reach them.
6. Learn business
The greatest teacher and confidence builder is to learn by doing. Encourage your child to take a part-time job, volunteer or start their own business. Programs like Youthpreneur give children business skills whether for their own for profit businesses of for fund-raising.
7. Giving back
Show your children the power of sharing. Volunteering time and resources goes a long way towards teaching an abundant outlook by giving to the less fortunate.
8. Gratitude attitude
Appreciate the things you have. Teach your children to take stock of and appreciate the intangibles like relationships, nature, shared experiences and things that don’t cost money.
I hope you found this article on teaching your children an abundance attitude was interesting? Feel free to share this post this article on Facebook or your favorite social network by using the buttons below.
The Happiness Movement begins with you
The Happiness Movement is about sharing happiness. You can claim responsibility for your own happiness and become a catalyst of happiness in the lives of others. Imagine the possibilities if there were more happy and positive people in the world. A world with more peace, optimism and compassion—it’s possible.
If we want the world to change, we have to create that change—and at Live Happy we start by choosing positivity and happiness.
We provide you with tips and tools you can use to affect your own happiness while spreading that happiness in the lives of others.
Collectively, our commitment to long-lasting happiness can change the world.
True joy comes from spreading happiness to those around you. And like a pebble, it only takes one person to create a ripple of happiness. This simple action by you can impact thousands of people. Are you that one?
Become a voice for happiness by becoming a Happiness Ambassador
We believe that happy people make the world a better place, and that happy people spread their joy to others. Become an ambassador of happiness to share the joy and knowledge of how to live a happier life.
By pledging your voice to the Happiness Movement you become a Happiness Ambassador™. Every Happy Ambassador receives the following:
- A Happiness Ambassador website to share happiness and increase your Happy Reach™.
- Exclusive Happiness Ambassador contests and promotions.
- Live Happy Loyalty Points.
- Happiness knowledge through our articles, videos, newsletters, and more.
Join the movement and get started today!
- Do – What you do matters. True joy comes from spreading happiness to those around you and throughout the world. Choose to be a catalyst for change. Become a voice for happiness.
- Connect – Be surrounded by like-minded individuals who are equally passionate about the world and helping others, and are avid seekers of inspiration, hope, and positivity. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Learn – Live Happy gives you the tools you need in order to live a happier life. You will learn simple, science-based steps to support your happiness and positively impact your health, success, and relationships—your whole life. Explore now.
- Practice – Put what you learn into action to see the benefits of happiness in motion, and see the ripple effect of your happiness in the lives of those around you.